What a place to work!

Wednesday 5 October 2011

People who work in stylish offices are more productive. Fact or fiction? I don’t know, I just made that up! But it makes sense right? Offices in general tend to be very ugly (my pet hate is the eye-sore that is the office chair and grim fluorescent lighting and don’t even get me started on PC equipment)! I know offices have to be functional but I still dream of the day when I can decorate my own office with plush furniture and textiles, stylish lighting and other home comforts that usually lack in an office environment. Take a look at some people who have it good…

P.S. I am off on holiday for a few days but I’ll be back next week with some awesome photos to share!

image   Urban Outfitters Offices

image

Vogue Offices

image

Martha Stewart Offices

Rue mag Kelley Moore office 3

Rue mag Kelley Moore office 1KM OfficeKelley Moore’s Seattle Office

imageTown and Reese Offices

image   Nate Burkus  Design Office

image

Yelp Offices

image         Not sure who’s office this is but aren’t they lucky?

imageMTV Offices

image

Balch and Bingham Legal Offices

imageMind Design Graphic Design Studio London

imageimage  This is a branch of BNP Paribas (bank) in Paris! 

 Untitled-1image And of course, Kelley Wearstler!

image  Lonny Offices

imageimageOgilvy and Mathers Office in China

image              Ricardo Bofill (architect) Offices

Click on the image to go to its source

17 comments

  1. the urban outfitters and vogue offices are my favorite. of course vogue looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Kelly Moore office- Bohemian Fun. Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully decorated office does help one's creativity and productivity. Fabulous inspiration! Have a wonderful vacation! xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. and I thought my little office was nice ( i tried to make it homey)....these put me to shame. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about more productive, but I would certainly be *happier* in any of those spaces!!! Have a great time off...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'd love to work in (nearly) all of those offices! Why do we have to be surrounded by ugly interiors? I think people would be far more inspired and productive in beautiful interiors... xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful and inspiring office spaces! My faves are the Urban Outfitters, Lonny, Martha Stewart and Lonny offices! I will certainly be more creative when I am working in any of these places, I am sure most of us will, too! Great post, Meghan.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Love these creative spaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be hard NOT to come up with great ideas in offices as gorgeous as these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is absolutely dreamy I don't know if that kind of setting makes you work harder or on the contrary makes you want to be idle and to daydream :) I used to work in a dance academy that lookslike that http://www.la-manufacture.com/photo/ well it is true it was agreeable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These spaces are incredible! I have to believe I'd get a lot of good work done in any of them : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, when you build your own office you call me and I'll come work for you! I'm good with getting latte and I can crack jokes too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to work in a pretty office like any of these!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an awesome idea for a post! And I think you are right because I would want to be there all the time if my office looked like that! All of a sudden I have a sudden urge to work at that Bank in Paris...fabulousity...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would definitly be more productive in these beautifully decorated offices!

    Hope you're having a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely agree! I think working in a pleasantly aesthetic office has to boost productivity and creativity! I always spend time in waiting rooms and offices dreaming up ways that I would remodel to make it a place you would love to spend time in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course i love Lonny...and that London office is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!