I love me a bit of New England Charm!

Monday 3 October 2011

Untitled-1Images via Wishful Thinking

First of all, I can’t start my blog post without acknowledging the fact that I spent the whole weekend lying outside in the blazing sun getting sunburnt… in October… in England… in OCTOBER! Best. weekend. ever! When I wasn’t roasting myself or having a barbeque, I was surfing the internet for some inspiration. I came across this Beautiful House which I completely fell in love with! It has everything I want out of a dream house: 1. on the water, 2. blue shutters, 3. wrap around porch, 4. cute architectural details, 5. sprawling grounds, 6. sun-soaked gardens etc (I could go on but I’ll just let the pictures do the talking).

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageImages found here

12 comments

  1. sunburnt, october, and england are rarely words that go together :) but im happy to read you had such an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. england has a very peculiar charm that we find nowhere else :) this place looks quite agreeable

    ReplyDelete
  3. um yes, that house does look perfect. and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So charming! I love interiors and architecture that reference their surroundings - this home does so beautifully!

    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very charming house, I love the gardens AND the fact it's by the water! Well, I am impressed you were able to lay out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful clouds! I don't think I have ever seen any like that in our area. We usually get big fluffy ones or dark rainy ones if any...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard about your mini-heat wave. So glad to hear you are enjoying it to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend sounds lovely! This place is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend sounds great! I love this home too particularly the gorgeous porch, the beautiful garden and the interiors! This can easily be my dream home/ dream vacation home rolled into one!

    Have a great week!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to know i'm not alone in the plaid shirt department :)

    i heard you had a warm weekend in england, stole the warm weather from us maybe, it's cold down here in sydney and it shouldn't be!

    i love this new england cottage, my dream home is cottagey whether new england or coastal carolina beach... i'm subscribed to Southern Living magazine and will switch to Coastal Living next year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh can I pretty please live there. I love New England and this little place is gorgeous!
    xo
    alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely one of the most beautiful places i've ever been!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!