But what exactly does it do?

Tuesday 18 October 2011

On the suggestion of a couple of readers, we spent our last few hours in New York wandering around ABC Carpet and Home and Fishs Eddy (pics of that later in the week).  I could have safely set up camp and called ABC home for a few days but my trusty travelling partner had other plans (mostly of the shuffling feet and sighing loudly variety). Our conversation went a little something like this: 

Jordan: $60! I could make this little pottery thingy for half the price!

Meghan: Oh? I hadn’t realised that you had mad pottery skillz and a secret kiln? Have you been holding out on me?

Jordan: Hmmpf…. (scratches his head and tilts the object from side to side) But what exactly does it do?

Meghan: Nothing. It’s just decorative.

Jordan: Oh. That’s lame. Are you done yet?

Men! On the way out, I noticed that there was a bench outside the front door. Should have left him there with a meatball sub while I browsed (that’s my top NY shopping tip ladies)!

ABCIMG_5654IMG_5668IMG_5681Untitled-1IMG_5655IMG_5679IMG_5677Untitled-2IMG_5676IMG_5682Untitled-3IMG_5661IMG_5670Untitled-4Untitled-5IMG_5662IMG_5683Untitled-6First image via ABC Carpet and Home, all other images via Wishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. Love all of your pictures, such lovely mix of unusual lighting!
    Can see why you wanted to spend longer there!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, there's just no point taking a man into a shop like that - unless he's a gay best friend ;-) Great pictures, I'd love to spend half a day there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ABC. and you were just around the corner from my apartment while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this store looks great! I've never heard of it until now. Thankfully the only thing my husband huffs and puffs about is shoe shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's what you should have done, Meghan. Love how the shop looks and all those pretty things. I find it so hard to resist these decorative stores, so I enter one only when I'm prepared for some indulging shopping. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- so glad you enjoyed ABC! I'm sure you could spend several days on each floor of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha, yes maybe he should have been left out on that bench.

    Hubby is actually wonderful in these types of shops because he's interested in design, but oh my, take him into a shop with accessories and he'll make me wonder why on earth I married him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me laughing out loud with the sighs and the meatball sub! :) I stumbled upon ABC home when I was in NYC (sans hubby - he stayed home with the kids!) and fell in love. So glad you got to enjoy it, even if it was on limited time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep they are all the same. LOL. And I'm in love with everything in these pics!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm glad you had so much fun in NY!!! i love when people have a great time in the USA and i love telling people about the great times i've had in their home country. it's definitely a pride thing~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! I cracked up at the meatball sub and the sighs, you are so funny. I am glad you enjoyed your time in New York!

    Thanks for the well wishes, Meghan!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!