Live with what you love!

Monday 24 October 2011

Ever since I was a child, I have always surrounded myself with things that inspire me. Interesting leaves and acorns, magazine cut-outs, pretty glass objects and scraps of beautiful fabric covered every available surface of my room. I have always believed that the things that bring you joy should be visible and accessible every day. I know this probably sounds like a minimalists nightmare but I thrive in an environment of organised chaos. Want to see what I mean? Then take a look at this eclectic Norwegian cottage. Filled with beautiful trinkets, rustic furniture and colourful artwork, this house clearly fits my mantra of more is less. Practically everything in the house has been reclaimed from other corners of the earth, including that spectacular fireplace - which is a reclaimed building part from France. (I can’t stop looking at it)! How about you? Are you a minimalist or do you also thrive in ‘organised chaos’?

 imageimageimageimageimage Images found here.

13 comments

  1. Absolutely, totally, 100% with you on that one :-) I love all those things that are pretty, insprirational or hold memories. No minimalism for me either. Great pics xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg these interiors are incredible. and i 100% agree...if i dont love it, its not coming into my home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "organized" chaos all the way baby! Our house stays neat and clean but a lot of my decor is piles of this there or stacks of that there. I love how cozy it makes it feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like organized chaos too! I love having lots of inspiration around me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure chest of a home, love the fire place area!
    Completely agree with having inspiration surrounding you, cannot help but brighten up your day.

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meghan, I'm loving your blog, looking forward to seeing much more. I have a particular love of Scandinavian homes, this one is divine. I like to be tidy and organised, but I also want to be surrounded by things I love, and things that tell a story of my life - organised layering! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting! I am certainly not a minimalise but neither do I thrive on organized chaos...I am in the middle someplace where I can see and enjoy a lot of my favorite things and I do rotate stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree with you more Meghan, I LOVE surrounding myself with the things I love even if it gets a little messy now and then.
    These photos make me want to run off into the countryside, so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely lean towards minimalism...I used to have so many trinkets when I was little, and I think one day I woke up and felt like I needed to get rid of clutter and have felt that way since. With that said, I do appreciate looking at interiors where peopl surround themselves with meaningful things in an organized chaos and make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm kind of an "organized chaos" kind of girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to confess to being a bit of a minimalist. I don't like having much around that isn't functional, and even that is best when hidden away. But I definitely believe that everything in your home, (even the functional things), should be things you love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love so many things and I want to bring them all inside my home. I considered myself an organized maximalist, though. :)

    These images feels so warm and cozy. I really adore the living and dining area!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have the chaos...it feels so natural to me...but I can't ever GET there...I am constantly taking things out to put them on display and immediately feeling claustrophobic...

    hmmm

    i guess that makes me a minimalist.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!