Let’s talk about some fabulous art!

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Well it’s hardly surprising that I’ve got travelling on the brain again! My love of travelling extends to how I decorate our home, what we eat for dinner, what clothing I wear and even what art I enjoy. I came across the photography collages of Russian artist Serge Mendzhiyskogo and had to share them. The images (mostly of urban landscapes) are created by cutting up hundreds of photographs into strips and then putting them back together again to create a complex, slightly distorted picture. I love the energy and depth this technique creates. It reminds me a little bit of looking into a kaleidoscope! You like?

Serge-Mendzhiyskogo-Collage-Photography-3

Serge-Mendzhiyskogo-Collage-Photography-6

Serge-Mendzhiyskogo-Collage-Photography-1

Serge-Mendzhiyskogo-Collage-Photography-4

imageImages found here.

12 comments

  1. So fantastic! They have a beautiful almost painterly quality to them. Very creative!
    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool pictures! thank you for introducing them to us : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Love the London piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are awesome. what a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic :-) I wish I had the patience to try this!!

    Emily
    emilysummers-designer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS. I love all of them.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these!
    They are so stunning I would definetly have one!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool concept! Those are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...how cool! I love that second one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the concept of these photos. I enjoy decorating our home with travel-inspired art and photographs. It's a great way to "travel" even when you're at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting! The technique certainly adds depth and dimension and almost some movement to the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!