10 Wild Places to go for a Swim!

Thursday 30 June 2011

There is just something about Thursday that makes me relax, the worst slog of the week is over and I know I can start settling into weekend mode. I couldn’t think of a better way to start doing this than by showing you Tripadvisor’s awesome list of 10 wild places to go for a swim! I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to water so my swimming experiences are limited to paddling about in the shallow end trying to look cool – but I would never turn down the opportunity to swim on the edge of Victoria Falls! Would you add any place to this list?

1. Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
  image
   
2. Dean's Blue Hole (Long Island, Bahamas)
  image
   
3. Dead Sea (Israel)
  image
   
4. Chuuk (Federated States of Micronesia)
  image
   
5. Gran Cenote (Tulum, Mexico)
  image
   
6. Serpentine Lake (Hyde Park, London UK)
  image
   
7. Loch Ness lake (Scotland, UK)
  image
   
8. Lake Annecy (Annecy, France)
  image
   
9. Bioluminescent (Mosquito) Bay (Vieques, Puerto Rico)
  image
   
10. Jellyfish Lake (Palau)
  image
 

All photos via Tripadvisor

It might not be the ‘wildest’ place to take a swim but out of all the places I have visited, this has been my favourite swimming destination – Cuba.

IMG_1164

IMG_1171

Images via Wishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. I swear I got goosebumps when I scrolled passed the photo of Loch Ness. Cuba looks beautiful! You've been to so many interesting places. Very, very envious! Nicolex

    PS Thanks AGAIN for popping over to encourage me on Tuesdays Meghan, it really means a lot. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vieques, Puerto Rico is possibly one of my favorite places ever. I haven't traveled much, but I'm sure its beauty rivals some of the more well-known locations. I love it so.

    This is a wonderful post! I really enjoyed looking at these places and photos...so cool! I'm bookmarking this so I can look at it whenever I need an escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I have always wanted to go to Cuba. I am a tripadvisor addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! Number 5 the cenote is so fun to swim in - it is literally swimming in the middle of the jungle. I was just able to swim there two months ago and it was so beautiful!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cuba please! Gorgeous!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I totally do the shallow end paddle! I try to impress people with my back floating skills, but I'm awful at treading water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I think Cuba is totally "wild" and I'm jealous since as an American I can't (easily and legally) GO! I have been to Victoria Falls and even swam in the Zambezi, but below the falls...no way you could get me to do it up above - one false move and you're over the edge - yikes! Loved this post...I think add swimming in Thailand...that's pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victoria Falls - that is mad but I would love to say I'd done it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. #2 looks scary as hell. i can't wait to one day go to #1. and of course you forgot miami baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there, over from Jillian's place.

    i've swum in the red sea and great barrier reef, but honestly, i'm not a water person. i'd love to visit all these and perhaps stay on land, lol.

    Loch Ness is a weird choice.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. dead see or waterfalls in zimbabwe all these places seem fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!