The Refinery

Thursday 16 June 2011

This past weekend we headed to the city for a walk-about. Now I don’t normally like to do this as my body goes on autopilot and thinks it is going to work, but a very unusual phenomenon occurs in London on the weekends – it turns into an eerie zombie movie set by emptying out! I really love wondering around the quieter streets of London taking photos and taking up as much of the sidewalk as I want. We strolled past The Refinery – and I had to do a double take! If you have read my blog before, you will know how much I love the rustic industrial look and The Refinery has it in spades! I am nuts about the mismatched chairs and the light fittings (again). I checked out menu when I got home and I will definitely be dropping by for lunch!

IMG_4011

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

IMG_4010

IMG_4009

image image
image image
image image

image

image

1 , 9 & 10 via Wishful Thinking, all other images via The Refinery

15 comments

  1. i can see why you like it, awesome juxtapositions of natural materials and metals. this restaurant could be plopped in sydney and would fit in seamlessly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep looks cool and relaxed, which is great for a spot of lunch. Going to add it to my must see list now for when I'm back in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this place looks incredible! And I'm so envious that you get to stroll through London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this place is amazing! I love the rustic long tables, and then the modern tables as well! What a great grouping of some awesome pieces! I'd love to eat there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm follow now
    Please follow back OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks just divine--I would so love to pop in for lunch! If only it weren't so far away! Well making notes for my next visit!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pics! Looks like such a cool space!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rustic look - so perfect for a restaurant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this place and also the whole rustic industrial look. From the rustic wood planks on the wall to the bulb pendant lights. I wish I am there physically! Thanks for sharing.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just amazing! I want to recreate the sitting area with the 4 different chairs. The restaurant looks sublime. Modern yet still cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of seating options, something for everyone! Can't wait for the chance to visit London and find all these cool quirky haunts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply WOW! Usually industrial is rather masculine and sometimes cold but this is absolutely amazing. I love the mix of furniture- everything has been done to well and tasteful. Looking forward to stopping by here the next time I'm in London.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This place is HUGE and soooo awesome! Not sure what I love most about it...from the open kitchen to the architectural design to the layout...love it all! I wish there was one in the states.
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love it! I love the exposed bulbs and all of that great wood - such an awesome contrast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!