Portuguese Paradise

Thursday 9 June 2011

Since I seem to have travel and interiors on the brain this week, I thought I would continue the theme by showing you a little slice of Portuguese heaven. I often wonder what I would do if I packed in city life and lived in the sticks. I fantasise that I would own a small B&B that me and my guy would lovingly craft (in total agreement of everything). We would live off the earth and to make extra cash, we would attract the muesli persuasion city dwellers to spend the weekend. Ha! Wishful Thinking eh? 

The Muxima - Montes Ferreiros, Portugal fits my vision exactly. This rural B&B has rooms themed around countries of the owners travels and is situated within a protected natural park! The rooms all look so cozy and inviting and I can totally picture myself having my morning coffee on that sun-soaked terrace!

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Images via

16 comments

  1. A get away from it all spot - love the pic with the donkey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go!! The inside is even nicer than the view from outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outdoor living, the bright colors, floor cushions...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, that concrete/wood sink is heaven. If you need a roomie in your portugal home - CALL ME :)

    megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really would feel as if you were away from it all there--ahhh how relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you totally had me at "Portugal"...that is one of my top places to visit! I actually even speak Portuguese (I know, who the freak speaks Portuguese???) so I would be right at home! Love the rustic laid back vibe, so perfect for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those first few pictures of the tables outside, etc. immediately made me relax. What a beautiful spot with lots of very natural details! Portugal is one of the favorite trips we have had since we have been in Europe, but I missed this place unfortunately...next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these photos are so beautiful! I wish I could be there. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to go! Let me just quickly locate that non-existent life savings that we have lying around, or a wealthy great-grandmother who is going to give us her inheritance. Seriously, these pictures are so gorgeous and serene.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog--we thought the one-armed girl was disturbing too, particularly once she acquired a gaping hole in her head as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love your vision of having a bed and breakfast!
    How lovely that would be to get to live in a place where everyone else wants to vacation...especially if it looked liked the Muxima :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so rustically idyllic! I need this peace right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love portugal! these interiors are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like we've both got travel and interiors on the brain! Not a bad thing to have. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. These images are so beautiful and rustic. I want to be there, just getting in touch with nature and getting away from it all.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful to see such an authentic space. I especially like the exterior which would be the perfect space to have lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!