Those clever Belgians

Sunday 30 March 2014

I’ve been bad. Very bad. I just woke up with this urge to shop on Saturday, and shop I did. I’ve just looked up from my laptop position on the sofa and did a quick survey of our open plan living room and kitchen and every available surface is cluttered with miscellanea (all beautiful and all necessary of course). This brings me great joy because I love me some layers but I’m already thinking of all the dusting I’ll have to do and all the cursing I will be doing when we move again. It’s times like these that I wish I was more practical and sensible and well, Belgian. They always seem to have the right balance in their homes. Not too much, and certainly never sparse. Which ultimately means less time dusting and more time drinking delicious beer. Take this Belgian farmhouse below for example – simple raw materials of chalky wood, rustic bricks and polished concrete are all the accessories a house like this needs. I could do this… maybe.

Heerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | RemodelistaHeerlijkheid van Marrem Guesthouse in Belgium | Remodelista

Source | Remodelista

5 comments

  1. That house in intriguing, but I think the bath tub is in a strange place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Oh! What did you get? What did you get? Have I ever told you my favorite like in a book ever? The book is called Three Dog Night, and it's about a woman whose husband has a traumatic brain injury, so he's never the same after the injury. It's the story of that party of their marriage. Anyway, she says, "Shopping is hope for the future." Weren't truer words never spoken?

    I like that farmhouse very much. I love minimal, but even I would have to put a lovely token on a table somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love minimalism (and quite ruthless when it comes to clutter). Like the farmhouse, but just not sure about having the bathtub in the bedroom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I'd ever get used to a bathtub in the same physical room as the bedroom but everything else is so utterly serene and peaceful

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!