Ride upon the storm

Thursday 6 March 2014

The weekend is finally upon us. I was hoping to do my usual weekend ritual of heading down to the shore but the rain is still with us (notice the quiet restrain in my tone?). I’m going to suck it up anyway and grab a hoodie and some closed shoes and a very strong cup of coffee and feel the wet sand between my toes for a change. Although I am not jumping for joy over the endless rain Sydney has been experiencing, I am loving the extreme changes in weather. Hot winds, dark ominous clouds, thunder, lightning, hail – it all makes for very dramatic pictures and Jordan has been having a ball storm hunting with our camera. Pity we didn’t manage to capture anything quite like these pictures in the SMH. Instead, I just sat at my office desk and watched it roll in like a formidable predator.

Wishful Thinking - dark and stormy

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

6 comments

  1. I don't know if there's anything quite as romantic as a stormy warm summer afternoon, if not for the lightning, I'd be outside doing a rain dance every time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love extreme weather too. I totally geek out on weather, and as restless as I get living here, I do love that we get all sorts of crazy weather.

    And these photos? Drop dead. Thanks for throwing up some inspiration there for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the rain at the end of summer, when it has that stormy quality and warm winds. but the rain we've been drowning lately around here? no thanks, it's cold and sideways and windy and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can appreciate a rainy day every now and then. But, I do hope you get more sunny skies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be the only person in Sydney excited for the colder weather!

    Laura | Breton & Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. i may be totally misreading this, but if your title is based on the doors song, the tittle and lyrics are "riders on the storm", not "ride upon the storm". or i could be totally wrong and you do mean ride upon the storm haha!

    we are slowly but surely entering spring and summer here, and i love a good, big storm coming into nyc. some of the vantage points in the city make for a pretty amazing (and scary) view.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!