Megan’s of the world

Sunday 23 March 2014

I was a little slack blogging last week as I sloped off early to spend the weekend in Melbourne. One word: EPIC. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have noticed that most of my weekend was spent eating and cruising the alleys (in a completely non-dodgy way of course) admiring the street art and soaking up the very different atmosphere. As much as I enjoyed my weekend, it felt so good to get off the plane and breath the thick, humid Sydney air. My hair, on the other hand, is getting bigger as we speak. I’ve got heaps of photos which I am dying to share but first off, I wanted to share a new discovery with you. I don’t often blog about artists as there are so many other blogs that do them justice but I just had to share Megan Weston’s work right here on mine. Megan, from Barwon Heads in Victoria, uses aerial photography as inspiration for her large and colourful abstract works. As a rule, I tend to shy away from using bright and jarring colours when decorating, this ensures I have a blank canvas which is perfect to display bold and eye-catching artwork and paintings such as Megan’s.  Now do yourself a favour and go check out her work. You can thank me later…

Megan Weston 7Megan Weston 3Megan Weston 2Megan Weston 4Megan Weston 5Megan Weston 8Megan Weston 6Megan Weston

Artwork | Megan Weston  Photography | Nikole Ramsay  Source | The Home Journal

9 comments

  1. Oh my god I love it!!! It's really stunning - thanks for sharing your new discovery!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Such stunning colors x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning. love, love, love it! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, ocean like colors. So glad you had a good weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love learning about your new discoveries! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, sometimes a lot of colour is such a wonderful thing, as in this case

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely. i can definitely see the inspiration in her work. and i love all the bold colors in the marbleized way, it gives them a beautiful subtly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her work, I saw it on the block, not sure if I could afford it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her work is gorgeous. I can imagine how stunning a space would look having them.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!