Holding on to the sunshine

Sunday 2 March 2014

I think I have webbed feet. And I can hardly believe that I am saying that sitting over here in my Australian ivory tower. Sydney has been in the midst of a deluge for the greater part of a week. I know that we desperately need the rain but I can’t help the funk it has put me in. I got so used to flip flops and sunshine that when I put my tootsies into closed shoes, I ended up with a mahoosive blister on my baby toe. True story. Oh well, it was only a matter of time before my 7-month summer came to an end but I am not quite ready to say goodbye yet. So I am taking us all on a tour of an outside space that epitomises summer. White washed pool area, outdoor fireplace, outdoor shower area and even an outdoor kitchen. You can thank me later.

Heather Wilson Architect in South Carolina, GardenistaHeather Wilson Pool Pavilion in South Carolina, GardenistaHeather Wilson Architect in South Carolina, GardenistaHeather Wilson Architect in South Carolina, Gardenista

Source: Gardenista

5 comments

  1. This is a gorgeous home and one that I could easily get on board with! I love the contrast of white, white walls and darker wood. My friends in Nantucket have one of those hanging bed/benches and I LOVE it. It's definitely on my dream list. It's one of those things that you look at in pictures and wonder, is it as comfortable as everything else? Will I sit on it as much as I think I will. Yeah, you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a magnificent home ...... I love the clean lines and the best outdoor shower ever! I would never get out of that pool or think about leaving that fireplace. Ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. this entire space is to die for. i love the hanging bed/sofa. i think a pin of one those were one of the first things i spotted on pinterest and have dreaming of them since. lucky ducks live there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay yes I will take that house - who cares that I don't know what the inside looks like? I'll just live outside! Can we just say that I'm pining away for summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I'm a summer person through and through. thank god winter in Sydney will be short and sweet, no? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!