Here’s where we will eat…

Thursday 1 November 2012

Apologies for not posting yesterday, I could lie and blame it on the pesky time change but I am in an honest mood so I have to fess up and say that I didn’t post yesterday because I was exceptionally lazy, unmotivated and cranky and didn’t quite trust myself in front of the keyboard! So I am crawling out of my funk and have been considerably cheered up by this gorgeous little bakery I found. Ratton, located in Largo Duque do Cadaval, in Lisbon’s historical area, the bakery is the perfect place to hang out and catch a bite to eat before hopping on a train from Rossio Station (right next door). I generally love hanging out in bakeries, there is just something so soothing about the smell of flour and freshly baked bread, and it’s a huge bonus when the bakery looks as inviting as Ratton. It was the mixture of different finishes that really caught my eye – all that natural timber, with the sleek floors and chalkboard noticeboards. Simple beauty at it’s best!

Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-20Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-LisboaRatton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-01Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-15Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-10Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-13Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-14Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-07Ratton-bakery-S3-ARQUITECTOS-Bernardo-Daupias-Alves-Lisboa-16

Images via

14 comments

  1. The smell of warm bread from a bakery on a cold day has to be one of the most delicious and alluring smells around! Love the design of that bakery - just perfect :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the interior of the bakery, looks like a perfect place to indulge in a cup of coffee while basking in the wonderful scent of freshly made bread and dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, I'm getting hungry just reading about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a place I´d like..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo this place looks fab, Meghan! I love the industrial pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like bakery because I can eat a lot of carbs, yes, delicious hot different types of bread, yammy! :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. take me to a bakery and make me a very happy girl!

    hope you'll stop by...i am now happily sharing photos and info about my paris trip (but none of the 'croissant-top' i earned!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm! I salivating just reading this.Wish I had known about this place when I lived in Spain as I used to spend many a weekend in Portugal. C'est la vie ;-)
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really shouldn't apologise for not posting - blogging is about having fun, not about obligations! :-) These images are lovely, I wouldn't mind spending some time there right now, Lisbon is such a beautiful city... Have a lovely evening xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place looks amazing! You captured it so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give me a crusty bread, a lovely cheese and a dry bubbly white wine and I am a VERY happy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bakeries, and every single thing they produce! SAnd about the delay, hey it´s your blog, you made the rules, relax and enjoy it! hehe! It’s always so pleasant to visit your site!
    Have a great weekend!
    Big hugs!
    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I can smell the fresh baked bread from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so gorgeous. I have a thing for arched windows, and the bread looks pretty dee-lish too! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!