Blackberry Farm…

Thursday 15 November 2012

Every time we stay at a charming guest house, I come back home with visions of starting my own. I’d bake fresh bread for guests, I’d sew my own curtains and be warm and welcoming every day. Of course I have my husband to ground me and point out that I am far beyond a “people person”… and I can’t bake! But it’s still a silly dream of mine nonetheless. I guess it’s one of the reasons I fell in love with Blackberry Farm – a luxury hotel nestled on a pastoral Estate in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Turns out that owner Sandy Beall, after becoming a new mom, made Blackberry the family’s home and decided to open up their beautiful property to create a six-bedroom inn. Along with her husband Ian, the couple have implemented their vision of traditional Southern hospitality, gourmet cuisine and cherished experiences. From the looks of it, they have achieved just that… and more!

bb_slideshow_08bb_slideshow_09bb_slideshow_04bb_slideshow_10bb_slideshow_01bb_slideshow_17bb_slideshow_16bb_slideshow_03bb_slideshow_15bb_slideshow_18bb_slideshow_26bb_slideshow_27bb_slideshow_22bb_slideshow_20bb_slideshow_05bb_slideshow_28

All images via Blackberry Farm

14 comments

  1. I get it. I have the same idea. I think I find the idea of being financially self-sufficient appealing. to have your own business at home that is just enough to support yourself comfortably...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bliss! I don't know if it would suit me at this point in my life, but life at a farm sounds wonderful and it sure is so much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an actual dream world, isn't it? I mean, it's like every picture is the ideal lifestyle just wrapped up right there on the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is beyond beautiful..gourmet cuisine in this gorgeous farm, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah blackberry farm is insaaaaaaane. and the american south is so beautiful (my humble opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! What an amazing place to stay. I can see why that would be so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are not many reasons to go to Tennessee voluntarily (haha, that's the northerner in me, judging the south), but I'd go for this place! Especially the baby goat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness i want to snuggle up with that little goat and the chicks. cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not yet been to Blackberry Farm, but it's on my list. I grew up in those mountains (and they are quite wonderful, actually ERIN!), and I haven't been back in a long, long time. This though? This I would go back for. In a heartbeat. They have cookbooks. Maybe I need one for a tide-me-over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll make you a deal. You get yourself a fine guest house like this one and I'll be there to teach you how to bake. Or you will simply make a deal with the local bakery.

    There is no such thing as silly dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is simply gorgeous. I'd be more than happy to be a guest there, but after cooking and cleaning for our little family of five (and I'm not a natural cook!), I can't think of anything worse than running a guest house. I'll come to yours when you open it ;D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I met their chef at an event a while ago... It looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, these photos make me want to learn how to bake + move to a farm!!!! All beautiful, thanks for sharing them ... I'll go back now and stare at them more :) I looove the pics w/the chicks and baby goat or is it a cow? .. Ok, I would have to learn more THAN baking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet this is a wonderful location for a party or a wedding reception

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!