Serious Swoonage…

Monday 19 November 2012

I’ve been doing some serious Pinteresting lately. I have even started to pin before I check my emails in the morning [gasp]. I’m not worried about this excess browsing though as I have made some amazing discoveries. One of which is the breath-taking portfolio of M Elle Design. I’d come across one or two of the images below before (you might recognise that dark and moody living room with the iconic orange Hermes throw) – but I had never had the privilege of experiencing the impact of seeing all these beautiful spaces together. I was shocked to realise that there was not one room in their portfolio that I didn’t fall head-over-heels for. Based in both Santa Monica and Newport CA, M Elle Design is “a mother-daughter team that strives to combine understated elegance and comfort, while staying mindful of patina, provenance, and texture of all the materials involved”.

Want to swoon along?

Untitled-402__001604__003401__00134__0040Untitled-16__0093dscn0563dscn1315kitchen07__0017p5020997_2p5020921_3entryUntitled-302__000504__0004

All images via M Elle Design

13 comments

  1. I'm swooning along. I want to move in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I'm swooning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this morning hit of cosy winter escapes. Now I just need to find a roaring fire to work next to for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Pinterest fantastic, and so addictive?! These rooms are all divine, I'm drooling too over some of the furniture. And a mother & daughter team - how cool :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh damn, I'll definitely take all of these rooms. I thought the rustic barn look was my favourite until I saw those bunkbeds. Those are the stuff dreams are made of

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of images! Totally my style too! I love Pinterest too, but haven't quite reached the level of addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am swooning with you! Dibs on a seat by the fireplace! Sleeping in one of the bunk beds with a bunch of girlfriends sounds fun, we would chat the night away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dining room with the bookcases is really something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, swooning right along. And this post just reminded me that it's been a few hours since I last visited Pinterest (and we can't have that now can we?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon swoon swooning away over here. I'm gonna have to add these to swoon over on my boards. Gosh these take my breath away. Seriously, Pinterest is dangerous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rushing out the door for our Thanksgiving vacation...I tried to comment last week but blogger was giving me fits everywhere I landed, not just here. I love all these photos so much I had to scroll really, really fast, or we'd never leave town. Hoping our hotel has wifi tonight so I can linger!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!