Weekend at the Smiths…

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Things have been snowballing lately. Work has been manic so my weekends have been spent ‘recharging’ on the sofa whilst simultaneously ignoring most aspects of my personal life. It started with an ignored email and an ignored trip to the bank, then I shunned some boring DVLA forms, a broken button on my favourite winter coat, a cancelled appointment with my hairdresser, packing away the duffle bag that holds my summer clothes (this has lived in the middle of our bedroom floor for about a month). And before I knew it, I was drowning in the mundane tasks that slowly suck the life out of you (a tad dramatic but you get the point). So this weekend I vowed to take control of my life and finally get stuff done and you know what I did? Nada. Sweet nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. It was blissful. I figured the every-growing list could wait another weekend.

SONY DSCSONY DSCDSC08544DSC08565SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCsaturday mornings; hearts and ribbons; woolly blankets; winter socks; homemade pizza dough; a wee bit of veuve

17 comments

  1. I am an expert in ignoring things too...especially on weekends, yes! Would you maybe like to follow each other??
    xx from Vienna
    eve
    http://themefashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what bliss! We all need these weekends sometimes - looks like you made the most of it, too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmm, sounds great to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing a spot of champagne? sounds like perfection (and love these pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. there will be another weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of weekend is so much needed from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meghan, I immediately felt the feeling of bliss as soon as I clicked on your blog post and saw the first photo. Ah, chocolate and coffee and il dolce far niente. Moments like this is the best way to recharge. :) Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect weekend to us! How we would love to indulge ourselves with a weekend filled with absolutely nothing... We all deserve it, don't we?!
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how lovely, we all deserve those kinds of weekends sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can so relate, Meghan. It's so easy to procrastinate, and put off those annoying little jobs. I do that sometimes, then a wave of energy washes over me, and I get it all sorted, feeling so much better. It sounds like my perfect kind of w/end though - feet up, wooly socks, pizza and bubbles! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feeling so like you lately, doing anything and forgetting all the tasks, just leaving everything behind, it's perfect sometimes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been in the same boat lately! Though this week I have been trying to make up for some lost time, of course I am starting with all the fun things on my to-do list. Hopefully I will still have some energy left to get the not so fun things done. But if not at least i will still have some things I can cross off. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that looks so lovely. I can totally relate with the whole avoiding the bank issue ...... as you know, traveling is great but the reality hurts when looking at statements. Those socks look really cozy and I can smell that pizza from here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Dear! I like your blog so much! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. stuff like that can always wait another weekend :) i'm doing the same thing now i think, except i have every day at home...and it just keeps getting pushed back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wool socks will definitely cozy up any fall weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy to be a part of any weekend that begins with champagne!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!