Glamping essentials

Thursday 29 November 2012

It is confirmed. I have finally lost my mind. In my quest for an outdoor adventure, I have badgered my long-suffering husband into taking me camping (well, glamping to be more precise)… in the middle of winter. I played the birthday card and there may have been some feet stamping involved, until he finally capitulated and booked a cute little shepard’s hut on Canopy and Stars. It’s got a little wood burning stove and a gorgeous slipper bath… eeeeeerm but it’s lacking in electricity and the toilet may or may not be outside. In any event, we are excited for the break, the road trip and for the consumption of numerous bottles of red wine (which will be packed first). Apart from the red wine, here’s some of my essentials…

glamping essentials copycable knit scarf; ear muffs; marshmallows; candles; backpack; wellies; throw; chocolates; the classics; basket; shirt; string lights;

9 comments

  1. What a great idea! I have to admit that it wouldn't enter my head to go camping OR glamping in December, but you make it actually sound fun and romantic. Maybe I need to rethink the whole thing... Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you - how cute! can't wait to see pictures of it...and everything you've picked here would make you look like the best glamper around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasting marshmallows on the wood burning stove would be so romantic and fun. And delicious! Don't forget to bring a flashlight, if the toilet is outside. Sounds like a fun little getaway. Enjoy! Can't wait to see photos. PS> Love everything from your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide if I think this sounds fun or not! I think I'll withhold judgement until you get back. Until then, I'll leave you with the line I always use when it comes to camping: I prefer the Out of Africa version, "Aren't you glad I brought my china and my crystal?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever heard the term glamping from Brits, I think we might have to adopt it and put it to use here. It makes it sound so much more fun! That throw blanket and those marshmallow candles? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glamping - love that!! I think I could *just* about do it, but only if those adorable and romantic strung lights were involved in the whole affair! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can smell the camp fire from here!!!! I will take one of everything in that pic. Love "Glamping" I must try to use that somehow ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very brave! An outdoor loo in winter does not appeal to me. But an open fire, marshmallows, red wine, and good books definitely does. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this is the only kind of 'camping' I would go on. Make sure and share pictures of where you stayed!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!