Fly me to the moon… or Bangkok?

Thursday 19 May 2011

I have woken up feeling a little under the weather and generally quite sorry for myself! Do you ever just have one of those days where you want to wallow and be grouchy in peace?

Ok, enough of the woe-is-me’s. Here’s a little something to cheer me (and perhaps some other grouchy people) up! It’s the Shanghai Mansion in Bangkok and I want to be there like…NOW. Take a look at these beautiful bright colours paired with the dark intricate Oriental timber furniture and silk fabrics. I also have my eye on all the light fittings! You like?

image
image
image

image

image image

image

image

image

image

Click on the image to go to the source

8 comments

  1. Wow! Beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning interiors. I love the lantern lights and the beautiful dividers. The vibrant colors and the oriental decor sort of transport you to another era...nice.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the high energy colors set against all of that dark wood - it always looks striking but especially so here! My favorite was the small sofa with all the pretty pillows and the interesting art above it...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take me there too! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those colours...I love seeing red used in decor. Hope you have a great weekend, and get infected by somebody's cheerful aura. xo

    http://decorislikebutter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so beautiful, can I come?! Thanks for your comment, love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lanterns over the mirror, thanks for sharing. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!