Garden Wars…

Wednesday 4 May 2011

This past weekend I declared war on my garden. I may or may not have mentioned how much I hate gardening but fortunately, I dislike the way my garden currently looks even more! So I recruited some muscle (and when I say ‘recruited’ I mean ordered and bossed around) and we dug, raked, cursed, planted, watered, ached and sweated for 2 days until we could barely move. The depressing thing is that it still needs quite a lot of work but it’s getting there! Maybe one day, it might closely resemble something like this… 

Nu blommar asfalten

Skona Hem 5

woolcottandsmith woolcottandsmith.jpg3
Herb Shelf - Skona Hem Skona Hem View

Night Club La Dolce Vita

Skona Hem 4 Oasen vid muren

IMAGE CREDITS : 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9; 3 & 4; 7

10 comments

  1. What a dream to have a garden like those photos! Can't wait to see yours when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sorry you don't like it. Fly me to London and I'll whip that garden into shape. I love doing stuff like that! :) Weeding helps calm me down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I such a sucker for all the gardening magazines that come out every spring. I've had to learn to avoid them because I always think 'I want a yard like that!....I could totally do that!...' I can't. Actually, I start off ok, but then I start to resent the plants being so "needy." I'm baby-stepping my way to being a better gardener.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *le sigh*...there is nothing better than a gorgeous garden in full bloom...but the work to get there is seriously a drag )c: I have the blackest of black thumbs, I kill *everything*!!! It is rewarding to see all of your hard work looking better though, right? (c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the gardening... I have no green fingers so am always in awe of people with gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! I hate gardening (and also hate the way my yard looks right now). Ugh. Maybe if I knew what I was doing, I'd enjoy it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a fan of it either, I try to pretend I enjoy it since other people seem to but would really love to hand it over to someone else. Lovely photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...these images are gorgeous! Wish I had a green thumb that could produce this type of setting too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that I am not the only one with black thumbs! @ Hannah, if the plants that I planted over the weekend get any more wilted and sad looking, I might very well have to bring you over to sort it out! I might just have to post pictures so I can ask what I am doing wrong!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you are working! I have no clue about anything gardening, except that things need sun and water. Love your blog BTW :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!