Craving Culture…

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Buon giorno! My next holiday is in the final stages of being booked and it’s a sun/sea/sand affair again. Don’t get me wrong, my idea of absolute bliss is lying on a sun-soaked beach with a good book, sipping a piña colada and moving only very occasionally to cool off in the pool/sea or to get another piña colada. But lately I find myself craving a bit of history and culture. It is impossible for me to choose my favourite holiday destination but in terms of culture and history, Rome tops the list! There was nothing more exciting than walking through the Roman Forum seeing remnants of an ancient city or standing in the Colosseum imagining the echo of a roaring crowd! Here’s a little trip down my Roman holiday memory lane…

STP61428

STP61443

STP61451 STP61464

STP61473

STP61504

STP61532

STP61542

STP61431

STP61648

STP61644

STP61652 STP61664

STP61548

STP61602

STP61619

STP61429

STP61417 STP61530

All images via My Wishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. Love, Love, Love Rome it is one of my spots and where I got engaged (you sure we are not related or something, lol) x x I've been both in summer and in winter for News Years Eve which rocked - you should go then the whole place is done up beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning locale! Can't wait to hear where your next trip will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I was planning my next trip... Well, I am, but at this stage, it's entirely imaginary!

    Just discovered your blog and would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Love Rome!

    Thanks for your lovely comment!

    Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to Rome someday!
    Also wanted to let you know that I have awarded you a the irresistibly sweet blog award =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing images! I have been to a few places in Italy, but never to Rome! One day! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rome is on top of my list for my future vacation! Love the beautiful shots.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, they remind me of my trip to Rome. A romantic city, filled with history and culture. :) Ada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Meghan! I thought my Greece pics were beautiful but I don't think anything compares to Rome. This is also on our bucket list of places to visit. Looks like you had a wonderful time!!!
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband & I are planning our first trip to Europe. We are going next summer and I can't be more excited!!! I'd love to know some good local spots from somebody that's been there ;)
    xo
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this post! I also love Rome but haven't been there for a long time - you have inspired me to get there asap! :)

    http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!