Attic Recluse

Wednesday 18 May 2011

I’m a renter so the vast majority of my decorating time is spent trying to make the awkward spaces in my house workable without physically changing them. It’s so frustrating but I secretly love the challenge, saying that I am really looking forward to having a home that I can change at will! A must-have feature in this home would be an attic space, ideally created just for my use where I can flop into a chair and curl up with a book or just stare into space and daydream. This attic will be light with huge windows, it will have underfloor heating and Jo Malone candles will burn at every corner, it will have an endless supply of chocolate and glossy magazines, thick woolly socks and throws and the world’s most comfortable leather sofa… ok I am getting a little carried away. Here’s what I had in mind!

countryliving

donkeehouse

emilymock.blogspot

99520-us.pdf

housetohome.co.uk2

bedroomineriordesign.org

mydesignchic.wordpress

housetohome.co.uk

Skona Hem Bedroom 2

suzybell.tumblr

Skona Hem Library

Kevtrout

furniturestoreblog

White Bedroom

Click on the image to go to its source.

17 comments

  1. I think it would be great to have a bedroom in the attic with the skylight directly over the bed so you could stare out into the stars every night. If I have to have a leather sofa, I would love to have a Chesterfield. Thanks for sharing the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bedrom in the attic sounds perfect to me...lovely selection! my fa is the 1st image...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful inspirational photos, I think it would be such fun decorating an attic. I love all the whites too. Can't wait to see what you do, greetings from the USA, tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of photos, I love them all!

    http://cammiew4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bead board ceiling obsessed! Eventually, my husband and I will get around to that project in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these inspiration photos! I can definitely picture the vibe you are going for-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveee this photo collection. So inspiring. I especially adore the first one Marie's dress shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the post :)
    the photos are so inspiring ;)

    Love, Catarina
    santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool! What great little hideaways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain since I'm renting too and house prices in London are just crazy! The last picture is so lovely - a space I'd love to have to dream in xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I popped by to say thank you for being my latest follower (I'm kinda nice like that ;)) and wow, I am in LOVE with these photos! We have a really good attic space in our house but considering converting it to more than just a place to store christmas decorations and other rubbish could be in our future. How far in the future remains another story entirely. The first pic is my favourite though - great inspiration! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard to pick a favourite. Each of them has its own charm. Would love a room in the attic, I would transform it into a studio or home office, I would find it inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these spaces! I so want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all wonderful inspirations. #3, #5 and #7 are my favorites! Attics feel so cocoon-like, perfect for sleeping and dreaming the day away!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. fell in love with the 3rd photo instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these are SO darling! I want my own little attic vignette!

    Mackenzie
    mackenziepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so want an attic room - ever since I was a little girl. Love them and love this post.

    P.S Thanks from comment on blog xx love yours

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!