My Fair London – My ‘Hood’

Friday 6 May 2011

Happy Friday everyone! Today I bring you my little corner of South West London for My Fair London post.

It’s taken lots of hard work and many house-shares later but I finally live in a an area of London that I love! Money was tight when I first arrived and rental property is rare and very expensive, so we did what we had to and took what we could get. Our very first flat didn’t have a television – this wasn’t a problem as our nightly entertainment consisted sitting at the window watching the police search helicopter or raids on the house next door.  Strangely, I look back on all those experiences with fondness, we had a lot of fun and met some colourful characters (one particular landlord had an obsession with Samurai swords, he was a riot…not!) But it is those experiences that make me appreciate what I have now even more.

IMG_3281 

IMG_1486

IMG_2892

IMG_2809 IMG_3332

IMG_3333

IMG_2891

IMG_2895

image

image image

image

Images 1-8 via My Wishful Thinking;   9; 10 ; 11; 12

8 comments

  1. I love these photos, they are amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see where you live! It looks just charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this; reminds me of my husband and me. We lived in a tiny, one bedroom apartment for many years until we could finally afford our dream house. We had nicknames for all our kooky neighbors (though you have us beat with the Samurai sword guy!) I love our memories too. I love that my husband and I sort of grew-up together during that time. I love, like you wrote, that we worked hard and were patient for more. That's a good lesson for the generations coming up behind us, don't you think?

    PS: Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely so lovely! It is positively picturesque! It does seem to always be a process to get to where you want to be in life, but the view from where you are looks pretty amazing! (c; Happy Weekend, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salut Meghan, those pictures are lovely and I know what you mean about how hard it is to find a decent place to live in London... I did feel a little shiver looking at the snowy pics though - brrrr! Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images. I absolutely love London. Happy to have found your blog, newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meghan, thanks for your comment, it made me very happy to hear from you. Love the images you have posted of your neigbourhood in London, you live in one of my most fav. city´s!
    xoxo Chantal
    www.beaulifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your neighborhood! Beautiful images. I lived in Marylebone for 4 months before I ran out of money. You are a lucky lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!