Monday Snoop – A stone wonder…

Monday 8 July 2013

It’s not often I get to say this, but London is experiencing a heatwave! The weather has been gloriously hot and we spent most of the weekend lolling about in the sun, enjoying each other’s company. It was exactly what I needed. We were able to put our worries on the back burner and revel in our last few weeks in London. I am now ready to face this week with renewed vigour… as the warm weather continues! I’m keeping things summery on the blog this week starting with a stunning stone cottage located on the Spanish island of Mallorca. The exterior remains traditionally Spanish with deep honey coloured stone walls and terracotta tiled roofs but the interior tells a totally different story. It’s light and bright and in places, very modern! It’s not surprising that the kitchen is once again my favourite room.

Wishful ThinkingWishful Thinkingocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-24Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinkingocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-11Wishful ThinkingWishful Thinkingocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-15ocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-5ocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-6ocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-8ocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-17ocharovatelnyi-domik-na-mayorke-20

Images via

9 comments

  1. Oooh I love it, especially the kitchen, it is very similar to the style I am looking at to update my own kitchen. I also love the free standing bath, how blissful to live in an environment such as this home and surrounds.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased for you that you're getting some sunshine. I can see why you love this kitchen - the round mirrors are fab. I love the living area with the fun number cushions, and don't even start me on that pool! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it just the best weekend?! We did exactly the same, just chilling and recharging our batteries :-) Yet, despite the fabulous weather here, I still wish I could be somewhere like Spain, Morocco or Provence... The house looks gorgeous, though I'm really not sure about the cushions on the terrace and it has a slightly "forced" feel to it. The interior lacks a bit of spontaneity - but that's probably just me ;-) Have a lovely week xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek glad you are having nice weather. All of these images have me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love it. I knew it was Spain before I even read it. It's just got that Spanish island vibe with those airy curtains and lots of beige and stone and beams everywhere. I adore it. It kind of reminds me of the house Jamie rents in "Love, Actually" only a lot more grand, obviously. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had a heatwave in portland too! yay! the outside of this house is so dreamy. that lone palm is so gorgeous against the backdrop of the house. and, yes, i love the interior too. beams always make me happy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really liked this - a good mixture of modern and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word - that pool is gorgeous! I'm glad you guys finally got some warm weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the rustic exterior finish in contrast with the purity of the white walls indoors. Lovely home!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!