Monday Snoop – Clean, Simple, Beautiful!

Monday 15 July 2013

Minimalism has long since been a dirty word our house. I like stuff and lots of it. But as my furniture dwindles and my walls become bare, as unsettling as it is, it’s also strangely cleansing (and the house certainly takes much less time to clean). During my internet browsing this weekend, I came across a house on Verdana that once again got me rethinking my stance on clutter. Each room consists of a few well-made key pieces of furniture with minimal surface clutter, once I got over my knee-jerk reaction that the room looks sparse, I realised that the lack of furniture emphasises the strong clean lines of the windows, the rich wooden floors and the panelled ceiling. Beautiful, no? Now I’m not saying that I will completely relinquish all my stuff but I am certainly going to make an effort to keep it clean and simple.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

Images via Veranda

12 comments

  1. I love these clean lines and neutral colours and don't like too much clutter but I can't resist a few candles and favourite bits and bobs to make the space a bit more homely and personal.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love. That vaulted ceiling office? Magic. I could write there. Our bedroom has dark gray painted walls, too, and its just the coziest. You always find the best houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, clean space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous house! I love the neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. clean and simple is my motto, especially in our tiny apartment. love this house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this space is so lovely. i think i am drawn to minimalist designs because i am in awe that anyone has the ability to be so uncluttered. i love it, but i could never do it. i could forgo all of my belongings move in to a place like this and poof, a pile of clutter would magically appear, i am sure of it. but i like to dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is just the right amount of 'things' in the home, without being too minimalist. I'd maybe just add a hot pink pillow on those grey chaises :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!!!!!! i love the view from the pool!

    Xo Courtney || ColorMeCourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the design composition of each room, so artful and the patio dining looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that dining area with the low hung lights. Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes simpler is better :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!