What? You have a fireplace in your entry hall?

Wednesday 23 November 2011

In my teeny tiny London house, you open the front door and you are right in the middle of the living room. Apart from the general lack of floor space, I miss having an entry to take off my shoes, hang my coat and dump pocket paraphernalia. I miss it even more so after coming across this stunning entry hall, which is not only roomy and light but also has a welcoming fireplace! How fabulous is that? Picture the scene, it’s been a long day at work and the wind outside is biting, you open your front door and are welcomed by a roaring fireplace, you then pour yourself a brandy (because this hallway clearly calls for brandy) and unwind in the comfort and warmth of your entry hall! I suddenly feel very cheated by my lack of entry hall! Oh the possibilities!

image  Image via Rose Uniacke

13 comments

  1. Perfect post for the cold weather at the moment!
    I completely agree it would be the perfect welcome home to a bwautiful fire!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. most of us do....
    lovey picture
    on your precious post too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's the most fabulous entry way I've seen. I'm dreaming of a house with a fire place, at least in the living room. ;)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. A spot of brandy by the fire...yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and it makes it so cozy and inviting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had one too! Especially one as gorgeous as this! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful idea! What could be more inviting than a warm, crackling fire...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic, inviting space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A seriously gorgeous entry! The fireplace, wood floors, and grand staircase-WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a big fan of entranceways, they are the first impression of your home. And this one is spectacular, very grand! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I couldn't IMAGINE something like that - how AWESOME.

    I've got a really skinny narrow hallway that wouldn't fit a shelf, nevermind a fireplace. I'm going to have to live vicariously through the owners of this wonderful place. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!