Step Up

Wednesday 6 July 2011

My sanity was called into question as I found myself peeking into a skip in the hopes of finding some unwanted treasure (in my defence, no one was around). I was actually looking for an old unwanted ladder. Unfortunately, the search continues. At the moment, we own a very practical hideous aluminium ladder which believe it or not, is actually called ‘Young Man’. Every time a situation calls for a ladder we break out in song and do the actions for the YMCA (we clearly don’t get out enough). Putting stuff back in the loft is actually quite an event in our house! But as practical and sturdy as Young Man is, he is not as beautiful as one of these…

apartmenttherapy

Creative-Ladder-Lantern

thecastingdock

Picture 405

frenchicandshabby

furnish.co.uk

Glitterandpearls

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

nepalese-ladder - anuhyacollection houzz

agreyeyedgirl.tumblr

apartmenttherapy 2

Click on image to go to it’s source

18 comments

  1. What a coincidence! Meghan, just yesterday I was thinking how to incorporate a decorative ladder in my home, wondering if it would be suitable for an apartment. I'll definitely go for it! I absolutely love the ones in the bathrooms in images #5 and #7 and the one in the 2nd photo is so creatively used. I only need a backyard for it, lol. :)
    Ada
    ps: you're going to love "To Catch A Thief", I'm sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these images! you have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are gorgeous. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a serious hunt for a wooden ladder to drape all of my pretty blankets/throws over. So far no luck! Let me know if you find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i, also, have a thing for old, unwanted ladders and have yet to get one into my home. there's just something about them, and these photos prove it! good luck finding one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing mason jars everywhere and I'm just in love with them!
    xo
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the images, beautiful!
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful images. beautiful interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to see the ladders in a kitchen setting, I feel like you just don't see that enough. Poor existing ladder though, so "young" and on its way to retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - I hope to have a great set of built-ins in our next house where a beautiful ladder is required! :)

    http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty sure I would stub my toe EVERY DAY on a ladder in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. Young Man..great. Now I have the song in my head :) I am in love with the 3rd photo. I don't think I will EVER accumulate as much china as that, but that is just lovely!
    -Linh

    ReplyDelete
  13. I followed another blogger that was looking for an old wooden ladder! I think she finally found one at a flea market. Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny- we have a loft also- ours is in the garage and it is where all of the decorations are stored. The ladder that we have to climb is ancient! It's an old wood ladder and half the rungs are worn down in the center- just waiting to snap. The question is who will get the ride my husband or me- hopefully we won't get hurt! I should stain it and bring it inside- it's probably worth something!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these pictures! Such great inspiration for how to use a ladder!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. im obsessed with this idea too - i found a couple on craigslist awhile back but didn't pull the trigger! regretting that now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need a ladder now - love these images!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!