The Artist

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Ta da! Introducing the beautiful work of David Wheeler! I came across this London artist whilst enjoying a meal at Avenue in St. James (delicious food BTW) - these massive paintings are dotted all along the walls in the restaurant. The colours and style are not really my thing (I usually prefer much brighter stronger colours in art work) but the more I stared at them, the more I loved them! I think David Wheeler has really managed to capture the mood of the city and the crowds. I also love the fact that these modern urban landscapes have been depicted in an old-fashioned whimsical Impressionist style. 

Across the City

Avenue

Crowd St Pauls

Lift Study Modern Icons

St Martins in the Field

Statue of Liberty
IMAGE CREDITS: Art Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!