The day we left the house…

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Would you believe me if I told you that I could count the days that it HASN’T rained (since April last year) on my hands? It’s easier to try and forget about the grey and rainy skies when you head to work every day, but when you have just over a week off, it’s a bit harder to grin and bear it. So on the one day of our holiday that it wasn’t raining, we bolted out the door like caged animals. Since I live through public transport on the weekdays, we always opt to walk when visiting the city on the weekends. And walk we did, we took the scenic route from Waterloo, down the Southbank, through Covent Garden, all the way to the British Museum (to escape the rain again). No matter how many times I do the walk, I always see something new!

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingSONY DSCWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous neighborhood for a scenic walk. I can't help imagining pushing the door to get inside the bakery and confectionery store. Lovely! If only possible, please send us some rain here in Dubai. (We on the contrary can count the rainy days with one hand)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favorite spots.....heading to Borough market with some visitors coming into town this weekend - can't wait as we always manage to cross the river & end up in Covent Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful London! I miss it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate being trapped inside by rain too, it really affects my mood...One day is fine and using it to snuggle up on the couch and read or watch a movie. Your walk looks lovely. Are those pigs feet as door handles? Was is a butcher shop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet knowing how to sing in the rain comes in handy if you live in London ;-) Thanks for the wonderful visual stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing like a walk and taking a new snaps along the way to get the creative juices flowing! Love your snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hear you! today in fact it was not freezing, nor raining (at least not raining very hard) so i went for a little walk about the city. you got take those days when get them. i love the little yellow building!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I'm so glad it stopped raining and that you were able to go for a all AND that you took us along. What incredibly beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would walk too if I had all that to see - amazing. I loved the little striped awnings, it would be hard to walk past Hope & Greenwood, looks like heaven for my sweet tooth! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!