My Fair London – The V&A

Tuesday 29 January 2013

If you have been to London before and have not visited the V&A Museum, then I suggest you get your behind back here pronto and rectify that. I’ll be the first to admit that museums aren’t at the top of my list when visiting new cities but I think the V&A could quite possibly be the exception to this. It’s absolutely massive so you never feel jostled or cramped, the variety of exhibits is astounding and the building is so beautiful that it is worth the visit alone (another bonus is that it is perfect for a rainy day out). The V&A tends to favour the more creative side, with textiles, ceramics, art and my personal favourite, fashion. You will never see it all so be strategic about your visit. There are also plenty of nooks and crannies to sit down and enjoy a bite eat or rest your weary feet.  We brought our own packed lunch but were kicking ourselves for not enjoying the food at the beautiful cafe.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

1 comment

  1. I love the V&A - last year's Heatherwick exhibit was one of my favourites. Of course I'm now excited that I get to work on the V&A at Dundee project looking to bring the V&A's exhibitions to Scotland - http:/www.vandaatdundee.com - soon hopefully people outside London can the wonderful exhibitions they put on.

    But got to love sitting in the courtyard of V&A eating lunch on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!