Monday snoop–simple is key…

Monday 7 January 2013

If you are still hitting the snooze button 3 times before getting out of bed, then you have my deepest sympathies because I have been sharing in your pain. I guess I am still struggling to tear myself out of holiday mode. And even though I hate to admit it, taking down all the festive decorations seemed to help me get back on track – I can now see the television again and I am no longer tripping over miles of fairly light cables. I think the key to getting through this month will be keeping things simple. Packing away all the excess festive alcohol, relegating that old fondue pot to the loft and de-cluttering my bookshelves. It’s this notion that has me drawn to simple Scandinavian homes with bright clean walls, neutral tones, minimal furniture and beautiful styling.

A little something like this…

Fotograf: Lina Östling<br />+46 70 405 42 07<br />mail@linaostling.se<br />www.linaostling.se<br /><br />Stylist Johanna Flyckt-Gashi<br />Fotograf: Lina Östling<br />+46 70 405 42 07<br />mail@linaostling.se<br />www.linaostling.se<br /><br />Stylist Johanna Flyckt-Gashi<br />Fotograf: Lina Östling<br />+46 70 405 42 07<br />mail@linaostling.se<br />www.linaostling.se<br /><br />Stylist Johanna Flyckt-Gashi<br />Fotograf: Lina Östling<br />+46 70 405 42 07<br />mail@linaostling.se<br />www.linaostling.se<br /><br />Stylist Johanna Flyckt-Gashi<br />Fotograf: Lina Östling<br />+46 70 405 42 07<br />mail@linaostling.se<br />www.linaostling.se<br /><br />Stylist Johanna Flyckt-Gashi<br />

Images via

15 comments

  1. Eugh, yes, back to work here too and missing the escapism of the festive season. You have my sympathy on that one.

    Those images are gorgeous, could I please have a scandinavian-sized home in London at an affordable price? I can do the decorating - no problem ;-)

    Have a good week ahead xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Meghan, lovely to be back in the world of blogging. I love your new look too, very cool!

    Those Scandinavians are so clever. They create effortlessly gorgeous, clean living spaces, that still manage to ooze warmth and personality. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfortunately, I have the getting-out-of-bed issue the whole year around... happy monday xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. horrible getting kids off to school this morning.....
    thanks for the lovely images

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are just beautiful! I love the calmness of these photos. Would love to add any of these rooms to my home!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one gorgeous home. I love how welcoming and tranquil it is. It's inspiring me to get up and get back to groove of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, in January it all resumes to simplicity. This house is so beautifully decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something about New Year's that screams "organize" to us and you're right, now that the holidays decorations are down, it's easier to do. Love the quiet simpleness of your images today, Meghan, and here's to a produtive week!
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm on that same page. My body just isn't used to getting up early these days. I say the solution to all of this is another few days off. It seems only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in the process of doing just that. It is amazing how many decorative items one can collect over the years but that is what makes the Christmas season. And yet, I have not a lot compared to others. I love the color on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks really comfortable and lovely. i adore the bedroom! but i would happily take the whole house of course : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a sucker for Scandinavian style homes but have you ever seen a house with white wood floors??

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's always those simple wooden floors that i love oh so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhh I just love the Scand's way of design ..... simple and clean. Its nice how the house looks somewhat empty now that our decorations are all gone. It's inspired me to go inside the drawers, purge and make them look as clean the rest of my house. LOVE IT! Oh and I'm with you totally about the waking up bit in the morning, I'm still struggling too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bedroom, it is so light and airy! I had a hard time getting out of bed today as well. I didn't hit the snooze button this morning and turned the alarm off. Of course I fell asleep again and woke up an hour later. Woops! I am still used to the long holiday weekends and don't want to get up early another four days this week ;) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!