Just what I need…

Wednesday 9 January 2013

After posting about the woes of January on Monday, it’s been quite comforting to hear that I am not alone and that we are all feeling the strain of the so-called “dark month”. Did you know this was the month of detox too? As in stop drinking, get on that treadmill and stop eating sugar? Ha! What a preposterous thought! I need the little luxuries of red wine and chocolate to get me through. The added luxuries of chunky knits from French Connection and ambient lighting wouldn’t hurt either! 

January

1. throw; 2. candle; tablecloth weights; 4. rattan basket; 5. pot plant; 6. table lamp; 7. frames; 8. tea strainer; 9. mug; 10. cushion;  11. chocolate

14 comments

  1. I'll take one of each please. Perhaps an extra helping of those lovely little chocolates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these people starting their diets in January - ridiculous, just as you said - this is the month where it's cold and dark outside and I need all the warm comfort food I can get. These items are all gorgeous and I will have to try those truffles! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to chocolate! I love everything in your list. Have a beautiful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Detox is over rated ;). Thank you - why had I never ever noticed H&M has home goods - love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda @ a design snack10 January 2013 at 08:03

      ditto on the detox. pls pass the red wine.

      Delete
  5. The throw would be perfect for lying on the couch with a cup of tea and I would be munching on those sea salt caramel truffles. Why can't I stay on the couch today?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's more my kind of thinking for this month xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaand now I'm off to buy that pillow! I love the washed-out, calm look of all these pieces together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking the look of no.1 & 4 - still plenty of time for cosiness before spring comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this list. I'll take 1 & 2, ok one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Agree, I need chocolate and wine, too. But, I've noticed some extra pounds on my scale.... not good.
    Love the wish list. All of it.
    Happy 2013!

    ps: my blog address has changed:
    http://priscilapeters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is ludicrous to think about detoxing in January! For you it's cold, and you need red wine and chocolate; and for me it's boiling and I need lots of chilled bubbly and cheese boards! Love your picks. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meghan, chocolate is totally saving my ass (although not making it smaller) this January. It has been rainy and cold and absolutely dismal. If I find anything else that will help buoy our spirits, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!