Food on the brain…

Thursday 19 July 2012

To say I ate a lot while I was on holiday would be a gross under-exaggeration. What is it about being on holiday that makes you think it’s ok to follow a very large breakfast, lunch and supper with dessert? Let’s just say that I left the Maldives with a little more than a tan! As is always the way with a week followed by good food, it remains on mind every waking moment and with hundreds of new beautiful restaurants opening up all over the country, I am spoilt for choice! Il Pirata is a little further afield in Belfast but I think it might just be worth the trip! You know I am a sucker for distressed hardwood floors, industrial light fittings and subway tiles.

IL_PIRATA_IMGP1974IL_PIRATA_IMGP1852IL_PIRATA_IMGP1948IL_PIRATA_IMGP1761IL_PIRATA_IMGP2329IL_PIRATA_IMGP2185

Images via

7 comments

  1. That looks like my kind of restaurant - very cool. And I wouldn't worry about your holiday eating - in all the photos I've seen of you on your blog, you look lovely and slim, you can afford to have the odd dessert :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, yes, I like that kind of restaurant too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all beautiful spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It give s me mixed feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful - I'd feel really comfortable chatting away with friends and spending hours here grazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the industrial look. What an incredibly awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad, I like the industrial feel too. Kind of "communal"

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!