Office Party Dilemma!

Friday 16 December 2011

183029172325625392_WtqQKvwc_cImage found here

Choosing what to wear for the office party is a hard decision normally, couple this with a weather forecast of gale force winds and snow and the decision becomes damn near impossible. Every year I spend ages choosing an outfit that is glamorous without being tarty and then the day arrives and it snows and I couldn’t care less what I wear so long as I am warm and don’t kill myself on the ice. This year I’ve opted for a little black number and some boots (with spare heels for later). Tons of companies have been having their office parties lately and London has been awash with tottering women with big hair, skimpy dresses and sky high heels navigating the tubes. How do you do it ladies? What’s the secret? Don’t you get cold and fall over?

Funny thing about Christmas parties is that I always vow to stay for one drink and end up propping up the bar singing Christmas carols and coming home in a shopping trolley. What can I say… I’m a classy lady! Happy weekend all!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Click on the image to go to its source.

15 comments

  1. Laughed out loud at your Xmas party intentions only to be coming home in a shopping trolley, hahaha. I think you'd be loads of fun at the office party :) Nx

    PS I've passed on a blog award to you over at First House :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to say which photo was my favorite but my goodness, they're all awesome. have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black dress with the bow and keyhole back. So elegant! :) Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with a black dress -- and these picks are gorgeous! I'm the same way with holiday parties. I always tell myself to hold it together and be low-key, but it's just too much fun to go in the other direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with black. Just wear boots instead of shoes until you get there and then change. I always do that. Plus a good coat to keep you warm. I love the 3rd dress, so simple, so elegant. Have a wonderful weekend, Meghan!
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! We're going to a Christmas party tonight and you know what might be even harder than deciding what to wear to an office party? Deciding what to wear to a party while pregnant. UGH. It is not possible to feel cute. Have fun tonight, and drink enough for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't beat a little black dress! Have a wonderful time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with a little black dress..but maybe not too short , just in case you do come home in a shopping trolley - it's always awkward in a mini!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of lbd's, but my favourite pic is the first one with the two little puppies - how adorable! I hope you have a fab time at the Christmas party, you should like a great girl to have a few drinks with. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous post. Love that backless one. I gave you a blogger award. Thanks for reading Milo and Mitzy. Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too funny, I'd say start planning on what Christmas decorations to put on the trolley, so if you do come home in a trolley, your trolley will be the most stylish and festive of them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous little black dresses - I like Posh's one, very Audrey Hepburn. But my fav pic is the the one with the 2 little puppies - adorable. I hope you had a great Christmas party. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did you get to my blog? I've been reading your blog for so long and I have visited it countless times~:) Love the dresses, esp the giovanna adami one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. shopping trolley?!HAHA!! At least you know how to have a good time!
    Love these LBDs, I only own one and get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! These black dresses are just stunning. Want to have something great like this for my corporate event that will be arranged at one of corporate events NYC venues. Want to look best that day. Hope will be able to get a gorgeous dress in budget.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!