The little fishing village of Pozo Negro

Tuesday 9 April 2013

I have still got a few pics of Fuerteventura to show you (hope you don’t mind). Today I want to show you a little fishing village we happened upon. It wasn’t in our guidebooks or on my travel list, I just spotted the long winding road that led to it on the map and thought it looked interesting. So after lying in the sun and getting restless, we hopped in the car and went to check it out. Here’s what we found…

P.S We were the only tourists there!

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. Unplanned detours are the best. Heeding the call to explore a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics. keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning! What a beautiful place you found, and even more special that it wasn't crawling with tourists. This makes me want to get off the beaten path next time we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos so much. I agree with Brooke, I love how calm and Tourist-less it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like the perfect little place to (de)tour. i love the white houses along the beach, so pretty. and your photos are great, your angles are always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can just smell the fresh ocean air. Love the row boat, the colors are amazing! Love all the "ruggedness"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those little surprising detours the best? Love how the the white houses look against the rugged landscape. The thing I discovered most when vacationing on Fuerteventura were naked old folks lying in the dunes whenever I thought I discovered a beach just for myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. EXCELLENT shots!!!! Great point of view also. All the better that you were the only tourists there:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unreal! Those kinds of discoveries are the most fun, when you just impromptu stumble across something this beautiful. That one shot of those little white houses dotting the black beach...looks like a postcard. If you haven't framed it already, you absolutely should! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How charming and love taking a detour and discovering something wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is straight out of a movie scene! Such great photography.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, so pretty! I hope you get some of your amazing photos blown up and framed - I would :) x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!