Our trip to Fuerteventura…

Tuesday 2 April 2013

So it’s back to reality today and I think my husband is going to have to drag me to work kicking and screaming because I am still firmly in holiday mode. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen how I spent the last couple of weeks: feet up, beer in hand and face in the sun. We visited the Canary Island of Fuerteventura (you might remember the trip I took to Lanzarote a couple of years ago). Just a 4 hour flight from London with average temperatures of 25 degrees celcius all year round, it’s no wonder thousands of Brits and Germans flock here every year, and our desperation for sun and sand sent us along with the masses. I must admit that parts of it are very commercial (think Irish pubs, roast dinners and people burnt to a crisp) but we weren’t put off, we just avoided these areas. In fact, we spent most of our days on some of the most secluded and breath-taking beaches I have ever been on. The landscape is incredibly diverse – one minute you are driving through mountainous Mars-like terrain and then you hit pristine sand and azure water.

P.S – Fuerteventura is well-known for nudism on the beaches, in fact, the laws are so relaxed there is no designated beaches for nudists so you encounter them pretty much everywhere! It took some getting used to (especially the people who felt the need to do lunges). Gotta love the nudies!

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

8 comments

  1. OMG, that looks amazing! Hard to believe such a gorgeous beach is so empty - lucky you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks incredible! I'm longing for the beach again.

    I didn't know you had Instagram. Going to look for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Meghan! After following your pics on Instagram, I've informed my husband that the next trip to Spain should include a stop on on the Canary Islands. And with that image that looks like you had the beach all to yourself?! Oh, it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning pictures. I see why you don't want to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It usually takes me an entire week to recuperate from my vaca-fog, haha. The clouds in ur pics r AMAZING looking. The nude beach ... funny :) Must have been tricky to take pics without a nudie in it haha. | Ada, http://www.adasinteriordesign.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - the nudies who lunged! i'm dying of laughter. so glad you got to get away and relax and warm up! we feel your pain on the east coast of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meghan, I was secretly thinking that you were going to post some shots of the nudist sunbathers. How scandalous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh meghan, this looks wonderful! i want to be there. one of the reasons i hope to move to europe someday is the respect for "holidays." we don't quite have that here in the states, plus it's so much more expensive as everything is far away. when i lived in england i was in awe of the package deals you could get for travel and all the places you can go. in fact from there i went to egypt for a month all inclusive for 225 dollars (american dollars!). granted that was along time ago but it would have been 10 times that from the states even then. these photos are beautiful and have induced some serious daydreaming in me ; )

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!