A pocket full of Rye

Tuesday 16 April 2013

We went adventuring again. This time to the seaside village of Rye in East Sussex. The narrow and steep cobbled streets that wind through the town centre are incredibly photogenic. There are seafood restaurants on nearly every corner and the locals are friendly. We spent the morning strolling up and down, peering into shop windows and generally enjoying ourselves. Rye has some beautiful antique shops – I am kicking myself for not buying a pair of vintage boxing gloves that I fell for. I feel another retail trip might be necessary!

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingSONY DSCWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

7 comments

  1. What a gorgeous little spot Meghan! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the architecture is so charming. I can just imagine walking on the cobblestone street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember visiting Rye several years ago. It's such a pretty town and your photos certainly do it justice.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last image looks like the kind of store we could get lost in! What a charming village to spend a day in...
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how charming. I'll take scones at the Cobblestone Tea Room, that mermaid sign and some 'curiosities' please.
    Meghan, I feel better already about the new post schedule and would recommend it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these pictures! these tiny british towns are such a departure from my every day in nyc - just love it when you share stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So quaint and pretty, you must have so much fun exploring all these gorgeous place. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!