Concrete Accessories

Wednesday 13 February 2013

I think I may have mentioned my love for concrete counters and polished concrete floors once or twice on my blog. I just can’t get enough of the stuff, which is slightly unusual considering my style tends to be more warm and cosy, rather than modern and chic. I think my love of it stems from it’s versatility – it can be both edgy and industrial as well as being charmingly rustic. I have only ever come across it in construction so I don’t know how easy it is to work with on a smaller scale but I came across some beautiful concrete accessories that have me wanting to DIY my butt off! How about you? Have you attempted any concrete DIY projects?

P.S Thanks for the well-wishes yesterday, we are still on Cloud 9!

Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

12 comments

  1. oh, love it. makes me want to redecorate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these accessories - perfect for outdoor areas and with grey interiors too. The fourth image with the tea light holders and plant pot is a great example.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of concrete and wood...it warms it up. Although it's really quite beautiful in every image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concrete kitchens are my favorites. That one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great images and i love the industrial, although organic look of it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of concrete. If I ever redo our kitchen I want concrete counters. Love the stools on the last photo, it looks like a project I could try my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's got such great texture and looks fantastic in contrast to all the warm and cosy things that you also love. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love concrete, the color is so fabulous and you just warm it up with the coziness of your own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love concrete, too. I chose bathroom floor tiles as they resembled concrete. You have great examples here. I do have a planter made of concrete...but I bought it already made. It's filled with succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The concrete pot like photo no. 2 always makes me stop whatever I'm doing to stare at them when I see them. I did try mixing cement once with a shovel. We always teased in school about women being great in mixing cement because it's like baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my. i am with you and such a great description of the versatility of concrete. so very true. i am in love with every single thing you have shared here. that little stool at the end of the bed, what?! that thing is crazy and so cool. i also love the thin bowl, and the planters . . .

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!