The Casual Staples

Thursday 29 January 2015

Well peoples, we have made it through January. And it wasn't too bad. I am proud to announce that I have been successful in my quest to be more discerning with my purchases. If I am truly honest, it's been a very hard habit to break but my bank account is already weeping in gratitude.

Part of the whole process has been a major cull of my largely unnecessary wardrobe (turns out those bulky wool coats I shipped over from the UK may be slight overkill in a mild Sydney winter). Progress has definitely been made. How do I know this? Well for the first time, in probably forever, I am able to whizz the hangers across the rails at great speed. I can also see the back of my wardrobe!

Now for the fun part. I get to restock the gaping holes with far fewer (carefully chosen) items to form my wardrobe staples. And Espirit has got just the items I want to start with. A simple white tee, tailored skinnies, fitted cardies and undies that do what they are supposed to without causing you discomfort. It’s simple really. And it doesn’t have to cost the earth either.

Espirit
 
Disclaimer

3 comments

  1. Nothing like these casual staples. My favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grey tailored skinnies have been my overused staple for this trip and I regret not buying more pairs. I like your style board very much. I need to invest on great quality tees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White tee is SO staple in my wardrobe, regardless of where I am or how old I am. Love taking a peek at yours

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!