Every Little Thing

Monday 18 August 2014

I’m pooped. Bone deep exhaustion sucks me under into a deep sleep just after 9pm these days. We moved offices and I had to work on Saturday so I have chipped fingernails and a twinge in my back, permanent bad hair days and a crappy attitude. To add insult to injury, we are toying with the idea of moving out of our apartment in the next 14 days as the owners plan to sell. Moving house in 14 days. Can this be done? I think so but there will be more chipped nails, stubbed toes and general moving misery. Will it be worth it? Absolutely. This will be two steps from our new home. And that’s life in a nutshell at the moment.

IMG_9247| Lunchtime at the Smiths |

IMG_8952| Bell garland which hangs on our bedroom door |

IMG_8936| A pretty pattern from my favourite snood |

IMG_8990| Knitting to keep me calm |

IMG_9006| The only plant I have ever kept alive… because it’s plastic |

5 comments

  1. Hang in there! Moving is some tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh moving! i haven't moved in years, and i still have nightmares about it. in fact last night i had a nightmare that i was being forced to move and i woke up and thought 'just a dream. it was just a dream.' it is hard work but there is also an emotional component as well. i moved a lot until, well, i didn't and apparently that still has a hold on my psyche! but from that photo it looks like this move might very well be worth a stubbed toe or two. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it honestly seems like a no-brainer to me. Do it! Having that just steps away? Given how much you love the beach. I'm coming with you. :) Here's how I look at it. Moving sucks, no matter what, but maybe this is the best way? Ripping off the band-aid? Over and done, and by the end of September, just as summer is starting, look where you'll be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Moving is The Worst but I hope you guys get through it relatively unscathed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is always a challenging and tiring time but I'm sure it will eventually be worth it. I can't believe that plant is not real!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!