Dreaming of Skeppsholmen…

Tuesday 6 November 2012

We’re not fancy travellers. We almost always travel on a tight budget which means our flights are usually of the low-cost elbow-your-way-on-board variety and our hotels tend to be simple and functional and further away from tourist hot-spots. This is why I feel like we totally lucked out on our Stockholm trip. We managed to get an excellent deal on the design Hotel Skeppsholmen, located on the beautiful island of… well… Skeppsholmen! When we arrived, we decided to walk from Stockholm city station to the hotel and when I saw how quiet, picturesque and secluded Skeppsholmen was, I was convinced Jordan had somehow managed to get us lost. For those 4 days, it was our little paradise. Our mornings started with a stroll around the island, watching the boats and the surrounding city wake up, and our evenings were spent walking off the massive dinners in the crisp autumn air against the backdrop of the twinkling lights of the city. If you are planning a trip to Stockholm, I really recommend a wander around Skeppsholmen.

I miss it already!

DSC08361DSC08342DSC08351DSC08358DSC08360DSC08352DSC08354DSC07657DSC08251DSC08265DSC08371DSC07663DSC07702DSC07894

All images via Wishful Thinking

17 comments

  1. beautiful pics:) I'll keep your recommendation in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! Definitely somewhere I need to go!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We travel on a strict budget too most of the time and we end up discovering beauty in unexpected places and people. I like the idea of being lost for 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when one lucks out in travel like that! I'm like you, cheap and cheerful usually! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what amazing photos! Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip to Stockholm looked so lovely! It is a magical city, isn't it? I love it here in Sweden, sad to go back to United States in a few weeks. BUT my last day here will be spent in Stockholm, couldn't be a better end, right?! :) Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go back to Stockholm, beautiful town, saw it many years ago. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful photography, B&Ws are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the black and white shots! Your trip looks like it was so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what glorious pictures! i love the one of the two of you under the umbrella, i hope you have it in a frame! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great photos...you're giving me serious wanderlust!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely,atmospheric photos. Sweden is one of my fav places but never been in the Winter (you brave soul).
    TYSM for your lovely comments over at mine also xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what pretty photos - i especially love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to visit there too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Meghan these pictures are stunning!!! I'm loving the b&w. Your trip sounds so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you miss it - beautiful photos Meghan. That's one of the great things about living in England, there are so many incredible countries on your doorstep. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure I would love it there. Beautiful black and white shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! Hotel Skeppsholmen sounds like my cup of tea. I love a good deal on a hotel and the area sounds divine as well.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!