Botlierskop Game Reserve

Wednesday 14 September 2011

I have been on the look-out for some killer honeymoon destinations that won’t bankrupt us. Don’t get too excited though, unfortunately this is not one of those destinations. This one is a little on the pricey side but you get some serious luxury for your buck! Nestled in the mountains not too far away from my home town of George, South Africa, the Botlierskop Game Reserve seems to have it all. I can almost smell the fresh crisp mountain air through these photos! Would this be your ideal honeymoon destination or would you prefer bricks and mortar luxury combined with sun, sea and sand?

image

Believe it or not, this is the inside of a tent!

image

image

image

image

image

image

Here are just a few of the activities available… (don’t they look freakishly calm sitting amongst giant elephants?)

image

image

image

image

image

image

All images via Botlierskop Game Reserve

14 comments

  1. It's so beautiful! I would definitely consider such a destination were I to plan my honeymoon again. But I chose bricks and mortar luxury combined with sun, sea and sand: Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to go to a proper reserve for a safari. although i think for a honeymoon i would lean more towards tropical, this could be an awesome anniversary trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that would be a beautiful place to honeymoon! I have heard great things about Iceland and that is not going to break the bank, too - you should check that out! Otherwise, I always am a fan of Bali.
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh honeymoon destinations! Do you have a vague idea of where you want to go? This place is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I could look this relaxed while dining with the elephants, though, this place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total dream to go here! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be planning! When is the big day?? I went on safari several years ago and these places ARE incredibly expensive as you say...but the memories are truly incredible! This place looks very, very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like heaven!!! Except I don't know how I would feel about the elephants just roaming right around me as I sit there and eat! Thanks for visiting my blog, I will have to check in again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous stunning desination, this is truly a honeymoon destination!
    i would love this, beauiful images!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a good time! I bet it would be super relaxing and chill -- the perfect honeymoon!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are amazing. I really want to go somewhere this beautiful for my honeymoon. Fabulous post. :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I would love for you to stop back by Fash Boulevard again soon.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is dreamy! having breafast with some elephants strolling around us ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The honeymoon is of no importance to me, just the marriage. You'll be happy wherever you go ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!