Look what I found!

Saturday 29 January 2011

 
Well people I can only assume that I have been living under a rock! On one of my usual daily internet travels I came across this:

Flexible-Bookworm-Bookshelf-01
Exhibit A: Bookworm Bookshelf
 
Yes, I know, it’s amazing and I NEED one in my house! Compelled to see more of these amazing designs, I googalised the designer (Ron Arad) and this is what I found:


singaporefreeport

Design Museum - Holon

Mediacite - Belgium

Mediacite - Belgium 3

Mediacite - Belgium 2

RAAL_Olympic-Bridge-02

Ron Arad has been hailed as one of the most influential designers of our time, and shamefully, I had never heard of him! He started out as a self-taught designer-maker of sculptural furniture but now works across both design and architecture.  You can’t help but be (open-mouth) amazed at these inventive sculptural buildings.  I am a sucker for any design that pushes the boundaries of what is possible and goes against the ‘norm’.  I will definitely be keeping a close watch on his new projects, both in architecture and furniture design. You can read some of his bio here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!