An unexpected discovery!

Thursday 28 June 2012

London had a bus strike last week and it was a shambles. The bus companies were advising that you take a tube, the tube companies were advising that you take a bus and I just got so fed up with the whole thing that I ended up walking what felt like half way across London. It turns out that walking to work is pretty awesome as my route takes me along some of the most breath-taking sites and buildings that London has to offer. One such building is Hotel 41 near Buckingham Palace. The black and white chequered floors with the dark wood panelling in the lobby immediately caught my eye – it just looks so warm and inviting and… actually quite British! It turns out that the rest of the hotel is just as elegant and chic. I am particularly fond of the simple monochromatic colour schemes in the bedrooms and the beautiful light fittings throughout!

12Untitled-3Untitled-10Untitled-4Untitled-5Untitled-7Untitled-6Untitled-8Untitled-9

All images via Hotel 41

13 comments

  1. Simply stunning. The black & white carpet is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should definitely consider walking to or from work more often! What a wonderful discovery. I love the black and white tiles and the carpet too and don't get me started on that gorgeous entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hotel rooms - decorated beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! never seen this hotel before even though I'm a Londoner born +bred ;-)
    I've made a note. Reminds me of the Millennium hotel in Kensington; old moneyed-charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa that's some aggressive carpeting but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I looooooove the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time I would love to see some of your own photos of the hotel. I think you should consider walking to work more often. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meghan, you inspire me. I wish I lived in London, and could walk the streets and discover beautiful treasures like this!

    www.bungalow1a.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! It sucks you had to walk so far, but the view of that building was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! At least you had something pretty to look at on your way to work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very stunning and so rich with design...nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing hotel. So pretty.
    Just think of what good shape you'll be in if you walk to work this summer.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Isn't it crazy what we miss while in transit? Way to be positive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!