Too cool for school…

Monday 4 June 2012

I don’t often do contemporary interiors here on Wishful Thinking – the style is just not my taste and truthfully, I don’t think I would ever be really comfortable living in an ultra-modern space. Saying that, there are certainly aspects of modern design that I appreciate and love. And then sometimes, I find a home so cool that I can’t help but fall in love with it. Like this Ah-mazing apartment designed by São Paulo-based studio Guilherme Torres. Can you tell that it was designed for a DJ? Polished concrete is fast becoming one of my favourite finishes! The soft grey colour of the concrete and the dusty pink of the sofa is a combination that has me swooning!

What do you think? Your cup of tea or not? 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Images via

12 comments

  1. that is fabulous!!! would move in there right away. but I do like modern interiors. would mix it up with a few (very few) vintage pieces, but otherwise it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yes, I can see what you mean! Ultra contemporary always leaves me feeling a bit cold but I think with this place, they've used lots of lovely textures (especially that big fluffy rug) to warm everything up and I love the amount of humour in this space. I wouldn't want to live here personally but I wish it was a mate's house cuz I'd definitely like to party there ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you - ultra modern looks have never been for me. i love the way it's decorated but the concrete just gives off a cool feeling to me. i need my hardwood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pig butts are charming, but this is not my style. Still fun to look at the pics though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it me, or do djs always have the best (pop) art collections?...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of reminds me of a modern day of the 80's. Charming but not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa cool space ....... I feel the same way about the type of interiors that I prefer but you just can't help but love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely appreciate the designing that went into this, but it feels way too dark and industrial for me. A man's place, for sure! There are a lot of neat touches though, like that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little too young and hip for me (sadly) but I do admire it - great bachelor style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are certain aspects of this home that I love. What I do like is that it is unique, and obviously reflects the home owner, which is pretty cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Really streamlined and so uncluttered. Could it be kept that way?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this space! So serene!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!