Dine with a view…

Monday 11 June 2012

A few years ago, I took a dream-come-true trip to Croatia. It was the middle of August when we visited and I can honestly say it was the hottest place I had ever been to in my life (and I come from South Africa so that is saying a lot). One day the pavement got so hot that my flip flops actually semi-melted to it. Needless to say, I spent the whole holiday looking like a hot mess while Croatian blonde goddesses breezed about with perfect haircuts, sky high heels and wrinkle free sun dresses, seemingly unaffected by the oppressive heat. It seems that this effortless style and good taste also extends to their homes. Take a look at this 18th century stone house perched on the hillside in the mediaeval village of Motovun. I was immediately captivated by the stunning uninterrupted views from the villa’s terrace but the interiors won me over just the same. I am a total sucker for an open fireplace and beautiful timber doors…

Wouldn’t this be the perfect setting for a summer wedding?

21412181935678109171213141516

All images via Villa Angelo

10 comments

  1. LOVEEEE the exposed wood on the ceiling and oh my, the view, oh the view! The kind of outdoor space that everyone can just drool over~

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful. I would move in there in a heartbeat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Croatia has been on my wishlist for a long time. Maybe it's time I took a trip there. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the way the outdoor dining and sitting area is set up. i would much rather be there than work today (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do those women do it?! Gorgeous - perfect for a summer wedding, and a very long holiday. My favourite part is that lovely big balcony. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been invited to stay with friends on the Croatian coast and no one mentioned the heat! Don't know if I can compete with the bevy of blondes... Happy Monday!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and rustic!!! Beautiful. I loved Croatia but we lucked out because it wasn't as hot when we were there. Many of our friends from Munich went and came back raving about all of it, except the heat. I had the same experience with "stylish blondes" in Italy's heat who look like they are walking around in an air conditioned bubble - how do they do it?? :) They also sat there eating pasta like nobody's business and were stick thin!!! Unfair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful there with such an amazing view!

    My hair and I freak out at the heat and humidity. I was working with someone from Malaysia once and sweating like a fool {the humidity was probably over 90%} and she kept telling me she felt it was too dry out and that she wished it was more humid. I guess it's all where you come from but it does seem a bit unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretty rooms, but the heat?...I don't think I can do heat that melts flip flops. This house looks very cool.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh. What a view indeed Meghan. Love the saturated green walls on those last few shots. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!