No one does a sunset quite like the Portuguese…

Tuesday 12 June 2012

As promised, here are the last of my holiday snaps from my trip to Portugal (there are a fair few of them so I hope you are sitting comfortably). On the second night of our trip, and after a few glasses of wine, Jordan and I discovered a set of outdoor stairs to a third level of our villa, locked behind a small gate. Since the gate was so small, we figured if they really didn’t want us going up there, the gate would be much bigger and scarier. It was no match for us and our alcohol-induced bravado (actually, that’s a tiny lie because I got stuck once or twice after succumbing to a giggling fit) but it was well worth the effort because we discovered one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

So every evening, just after 7pm, we would take a glass of wine and the camera up to the roof to watch this….

DSC02240DSC02344DSC02333DSC02335SONY DSCDSC02511DSC02519DSC02532DSC02531

I have HUNDREDS more of these but I’ll move on…

DSC02263DSC02268DSC02275DSC02287DSC02288DSC02291DSC02306DSC02293DSC02299DSC02308DSC02466DSC02480DSC02490DSC02492DSC02369DSC02371DSC02391DSC02377DSC02423DSC02407DSC02410DSC02385DSC02443

All images via Wishful Thinking

18 comments

  1. Beautiful photos Meghan! I really wish I was heading away right now. I have been to Portugal and loved it:) Have a good week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - stunning photos of the sunset. i also really like the one of the old doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics. wish there were more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what an lush looking place, i do like the sunset pics and the exploring and everything but you know what i really love . . . . the doorways! It's sad isnt it but they are so rustic!!

    Rianna xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat this was! Beautiful! One day soon I'll take a trip to Portugal. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great eye! Love these photos. Especially the sunset photos. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

    xx
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunset is beautiful - and so is the top that you're wearing. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing. I hope that you are having a fun time.

    ~Michelle
    peoniesandballetflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these photos are incredible! Beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! I loved seeing the sunset.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness your pics are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I have never really thought about going to Portugal but you have certainly made me pine for those sunsets, on a roof and drinking wine. Ahhhh back to reality. Thanks for a mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is insanely beautiful! What amazing pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The name of your blog says everything I need to say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures! That sunset is stunning!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's just so beautiful, that architecture and those sunsets. What a good find that little staircase was. I love your top in the 2nd photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to be there, right now!!! Stunning pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the little trip back to my birthplace. I long for it... Saudade!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!