Who doesn’t like exotic?

Wednesday 6 June 2012

All things Moroccan seem to be popping up everywhere lately, and you certainly won’t hear me complaining! I started collecting Moroccan lanterns a few years ago, and much to my fiancés alarm, the collection is not showing any signs of decreasing. I am drawn to their bright exotic colours (which I normally shy away from on a larger scale) and of course, the intricate patterns and shapes. But it is not just lanterns that have my attention, I covet Moroccan tea sets, wedding blankets and other textiles, the interesting architecture and landscape… even Moroccan food is a firm favourite of mine. Hmmm… I feel another trip coming on!

Lanterns copy1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Blankets copy1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Arches copy1, 2, 3. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9

14 comments

  1. Great post...I also love Moroccan decor, you should check out YSL's villa in Morocco. You have selected gorgeous items and pictures!

    www.bungalow1a.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Moroccan fan! They do they best alfresco settings. I'm envious of your lantern collection, I want to have a selection to hang out in our patio area. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do love a good Moroccan lamp. and a trip to Morocco? sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely one of my favorite design aesthetics and this post puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do!! I love those wedding blankets right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got so excited when this post popped up on my feed! I am just like you and adore Moroccan style, especially lanterns!! When I have a house big enough to contain them, I will definitely build my own collection of lanterns :-)

    Emily
    emilysummers-designer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this style. The lamps and the rugs are just gorgeous from there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love exotic style too - it becomes a vacation at home! If you haven't been you will LOVE Morocco and the shopping that goes along with it. I went with two girlfriends many years ago and I'm not sure which one of us came home with the most stuff!!! I still love the stuff I bought 12 years later... I bet you saw a hint of that in the Portuguese designs on your trip - I loved seeing those styles intermixed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally up my alley! You always find the best photos!! Making a girl dream over here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love how those lanterns case little sparkly lights on the walls and ceilings. I am lusting after that wicker outdoor furniture too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the courtyards in Morocco although I've never been there they just look so great! I'm also a fan of the lanterns and the blankets...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything Moroccan as well. I've been wanting to get one of those wedding blankets for a while now-- they are just gorgeous-- what bed wouldn't look good with some shiny diamonds on them?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOVE the moroccan trend! That would be my top choice of a place to travel for decor shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!