A Backdrop of Boats

Sunday 20 July 2014

We are getting to the end of my holiday photos (which means it’s probably time to replenish them with another trip… thankfully I have something up my sleeve)! Thanks for sharing them with me and for all your lovely comments – each and every one of them filled me with warm and fuzzy pride. Jordan has done some fantastic editing with his new toy (Lightroom) and I think his photos of Knysna do the beautiful town far more justice than my attempts. As is typical of the Garden Route, we were blessed with crazy weather throughout our trip. Hot berg winds, raging thunderstorms, heavy fog (that delayed my grandmother’s flight) and endless, endless rain. Our day trip to Knysna was taken on particularly miserable day but the flat, grey light served as the perfect backdrop for the ageing yachts and the bright colours of one of my favourite places on the planet, man-made Thesen Island.

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

IMG_0169

Images | Wishful Thinking

6 comments

  1. these are all so beautiful. i love the black and white and all reflections. can't wait to hear where you are off to next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i love these pictures. i don't know why but i'm drawn by that picture of a sack of leaves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Great work with the light. I've loved seeing your trip photos... I can't wait to see where you're going next! Squeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lightroom! I could sing its praises all day. And these photos! Lovely. Can't wait to see where you two skip off to next. Love your patterned pants, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Lightroom a fabulous program? I use it alongside a little bit of Photoshop. These pictures are amazing ...... as with all of your vacation photos. Which reminds me ....... I have a couple of weeks off coming up with my hubby. Perhaps I'll finally get some downtime and look as happy and relaxed as you do in that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the bag of leaves - that one's perfect. Can't wait to hear where you're going next

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!