9 Months

Thursday 17 July 2014

Don’t get your hopes up. I’m not trying to tell you anything (as I type this with a large alcoholic beverage in my hand) but I can’t deny that babies are on my mind. I guess you just get to that age in your life where your Facebook feed blows up with blushing brides and seriously over enthusiastic new parents. And after eleven years of semi-conventional domesticity and two years of marriage, the thought of babies no longer has me running for an open door with flailing arms and a terrified expression. I’m warming to the idea, if you will. Although I must admit the mere fact that I found myself putting together a nursery mood board surprised me (in a pleasant way) and earned a very high eyebrow and audible gulp from an inquisitive husband. Here’s what I envisioned for a new life…

Nursery

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M

5 comments

  1. You should do this, if only to keep the menfolk on their toes. Love what you've done with your imaginary nursery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..I love each and every item you have selected. A comfy arm chair is definitely a must- have. I didn't realize we needed one before and we have later improvised by using the IKEA Poang in the living area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooh so much to look forward to!!!! Those colours are so awesome. It's funny because I would do up my nursery that same way (we don't have kids) but I mean, the poor thing would have no colour in his/her life .... mean momma but I just love the subtleness of it all. It can't be too bad if we don't add colour to our kids room is it? I think not :-) Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if having the decision to have a baby was based on your nursery decorating skillz i'd say you need to have a baby now! this is so precious and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!