Senza, The Heads

Sunday 27 July 2014

South Africans subsist on a diet almost purely made up of meat, meat and more meat. Maybe a few vegetables and fruit thrown in here and there but so long as it’s accompanied by meat, preferably barbequed. It was wonderful to gorge for the first week (and to feel my jeans slowly loosening… yes, excessive proteins with little carbs makes the weight melt right off you) but by week 2, I was desperately craving some carbs. Warm fresh bread, spicy rice, bouncy creamy pasta all featured generously in my day dreams. So on another cold and misty day, we ventured up to the Heads in Knysna to rustle up some carbs.For as long as I can remember, a restaurant has sat proudly on these shores of the lagoon and sea. I’ve celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, Sunday lunches all throughout my life at this very spot. And although the name and decor of the restaurant has changed countless times, the scenery is always the same. I have to admit that Senza is probably my favourite of all the attempted restaurants in this spot. The open fire, the white panelled walls and interesting light fittings immediately won me over but it’s the windows framing that view that had our camera on the table throughout our meal (of creamy pasta for me of course).

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

IMG_0486

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

Images | Wishful Thinking

5 comments

  1. This is a stunning space, both inside and out, and I love that it has so many memories associated with it for you. And go carbs! (But also, go meat!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The location is out of this world! I love that you can still go back to a place that had meant so much to you, that's so special. And that prosciutto and melon salad looks delicious. We had one in Paris and have replicated it at home, too. Such a yummy combination.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool place! It's always a good thing when you can enjoy good food, in a well designed place. Kinda has a 70's feel to it. Nothing beats the location!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one gorgeous restaurant and the fact that it's carb-loaded makes it THAT much better. I don't think I could do without bread. Shudder, I don't even want to imagine it

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!